- Adjoins the San Isabel National Forest and the Spanish Peaks Wilderness Area, affording thousands of acres of endless recreational activities including hiking, horseback riding, fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, and cross-country skiing.
- Includes six trout ponds and nearly 1.5 miles frontage along both Echo Creek and Lower Echo Creek offering fly-fishing for rainbow and brook trout.
- The ranch is so rich in beauty and geological significance that it was designated by the United States Department of the Interior as a Registered National Natural Landmark in 1976.
- The property is home to unique geologic Dakota sandstone walls and over 400 lava dikes that radiate out from the Spanish Peaks.
- One of the most prominent lava dikes is named the Devil’s Stairsteps which marks the eastern boundary of ranch.
- The ranch is well equipped for entertaining large groups of family and friends with two homes, lodge, three small cabins and a horse barn. The majority of the ranch buildings were constructed using local timber from an operating sawmill also located on the property.
- In the past, the ranch was operated as a guest ranch, but it would also be suitable for a family or corporate retreat.
- Just eight miles south of the charming town of La Veta with its art galleries, shops, restaurants and Weiskopf-Morrish designed championship golf course, and just a few miles south of the Cuchara Mountain Resort, a planned downhill and Nordic ski area.
- 2.5 hours south of Denver along the Highway of Legends Scenic Byway, this property is easily accessible year-round.
One of the most geologically unique ranches in southern Colorado, the Echo Canyon Ranch lies at the base of the West Spanish Peak in the Cuchara Valley. With an abundance of adjoining public land, trails for hiking and horseback riding, six trout ponds, two year-round creeks, waterfalls, Aspen and fir covered hillsides, incredible views of the Spanish Peaks and Sangre de Cristo Mountains, and well equipped for entertaining large groups of friends and family, this 848-acre ranch offers unlimited recreational adventures.