- Located just 25 miles south of the resort town of Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
- Only 3 hours from Denver and Denver International Airport, this property is easily accessible year-round. The Yampa Valley Airport is also just a 30 minute drive from the ranch.
- Adjoins the Routt National Forest with direct access to the Sarvis Creek Wilderness, opening the door to tens of thousands of acres of public land to enjoy however you please.
- Stagecoach State Park and Reservoir is located 5 miles to the north.
- Includes a stocked trout pond and approximately 1 mile of both sides of Morrison Creek offering fly-fishing for rainbow and brook trout.
- The ranch is well equipped for entertaining large groups of family and friends with 2-level 2,630 sq.ft. primary residence, and two 1,500 sq.ft. western-themed cabins connected by a walkway with a central entertaining area and hot tub.
- Other improvements on the ranch consist of a 2-level western style barn with an apartment above, an adjacent cooking pavilion and an outdoor riding arena.
- In the past the ranch was operated as a high-end guest ranch, but it would also be suitable as a family retreat.
Only 25 miles south of Steamboat Springs, this 196 acre +/- ranch retreat is privately situated along approximately 1 mile of Morrison Creek with direct access to the Routt National Forest and adjoining Sarvis Creek Wilderness. The ranch is equipped to accommodate a large gathering of friends and family with a 2-level 2,630 sq.ft. primary residence, and two 1,500 sq.ft. western-themed cabins connected by a shared entertaining area and hot tub. Other improvements include a 2-level western style barn with an apartment above, an adjacent cooking pavilion and an outdoor riding arena. With the elevation on the property ranging from 7,950-8,225 feet above sea level, the terrain and vegetation consists of rolling grass pasture and irrigated hay meadows with mature stands of healthy pine, spruce, fir and aspen trees. The property is fenced and cross-fenced for horses with a gate from the ranch to the national forest trailhead. Fishermen will appreciate the stocked trout pond and Morrison Creek which meanders through the center of the property. The ranch and surrounding area is home to numerous wildlife species including elk, deer, bear, and lynx along with smaller mammals.
Co-listed with Donna Corrigan, Upper Yampa Realty.
The ranch is situated in the Morrison Creek Valley with year round access off of a county maintained road adjoining the Routt National Forest/Sarvis Creek Wilderness in central Colorado. Elevations on the ranch range from 7,950-8,225 feet above sea level with the peaks in the surrounding National Forest reaching well above 10,000 feet above sea level. The home is nestled in a mix of pine, spruce, fir and aspens overlooking the irrigated hay meadow, and the year-round Morrison Creek flowing through the length of property. Unobstructed views of the valley and surrounding mountains are second to none.
The property is located in the Morrison Creek Valley just 25 miles south of Steamboat Springs, Colorado on County Road 16. The county maintained road provides year-round access to the ranch. From the property County Road 16 continues south to Colorado State Highway 134, which connects to Colorado State Highway 131 and U.S. Highway 40. The ranch is located approximately 3 hours from Denver / Denver International Airport, and 30 minutes from the Yampa Valley Airport.
- Average annual precipitation: 24 inches
- Average annual snowfall: 166 inches
- Average winter high temperatures often reach the 20s and 30s
- Average summer temperatures during the day often reach the low 80s with cool evenings.
- Days of Sunshine per year: 300+
The ranch is equipped to accommodate a large gathering of friends and family with a 2-level 2,630 sq.ft. primary residence and two 1,500 sq.ft. cabins connected by a shared entertaining area and hot tub. Other improvements include a 2-level western style barn with an apartment above, an adjacent cooking pavilion and an outdoor riding arena. The ranch is fenced and cross fenced for horses. There are also two wells and a 10,000 gallon fire suppression tank.
This beautiful ranch is located just south of Steamboat Springs in the Steamboat-Vail corridor with many world-class ski resorts within one hour’s drive. The abundance of surrounding public land offers excellent big game hunting, fishing, hiking, biking and skiing. The 47,000 acre Sarvis Creek Wilderness Area, with many miles of horseback riding and hiking trails, is perfect for sportsmen and horse enthusiasts.
Steamboat Springs is situated in the Upper Yampa River Valley in north central Colorado, just west of the Continental Divide at Rabbit Ears Pass. The town is the county seat and the most populous city of Routt County. The Steamboat Springs tourism industry is primarily driven by the Steamboat Ski Resort which is just south of the town. The internationally known winter resort destination also dubbed “The Boat,” or “Ski Town USA” offers a wide range of lodging accommodations, excellent shopping and fine dining opportunities.
- The ranch, and the surrounding Routt National Forest and Sarvis Creek Wilderness, provide extremely valuable and pristine habitat for many big game species, with elk, mule deer, moose, mountain lion and black bear all prevalent in the area.
- The ranch is located in Game Management Unit 15.
- Located just 25 miles from the resort town of Steamboat Springs, offering world class downhill skiing with a wide range of lodging accommodations, excellent shopping and fine dining opportunities.
- The property adjoins the Routt National Forest and Sarvis Creek Wilderness Area, affording thousands of acres of endless recreational activities including hiking, horseback riding, fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, and cross-country skiing.
- Stagecoach State Park and Reservoir is located 5 miles to the north.
- Fly fishermen will appreciate nearly 1 mile of both sides of Morrison Creek meandering through the property.
- Additional fly fishing opportunities are abundant in the nearby Routt and White River National Forests and the Flat Tops and Sarvis Creek Wilderness.
- The 780-acre Stagecoach Reservoir is just 5 miles from the ranch and is known for great trout and northern pike fishing.
The ranch is fenced and crossed fenced for horses, and includes valuable water rights to irrigate the hay meadow which produces approximately 40 – 50 tons of hay per year.
Water resources are abundant on the ranch with the High Meadows Ranch Pond, two adjudicated springs, approximately 1 mile of Morrison Creek frontage, ditch rights and two registered wells.
The natural beauty of this property is evident in the pictures with the scenic views, timbered mountainsides and private creek corridors. The ranch has all the elements that buyers are searching for including existing improvements, live water, good access, premier fishing and hunting, access to adjoining public lands and proximity to a world renowned ski area. This is a ranch that can be enjoyed year-round.