- A rare combination of scenic lakes, dramatic rock outcroppings, lush meadows, and dense forests.
- Surrounded on three sides by Roosevelt National Forest.
- Located minutes from Red Feather Lakes and only an hour west of the conveniences of Fort Collins.
- The ranch’s shape and topography create an ideal setting for a private family retreat.
- Numerous improvements including the recently remodeled main home and guesthouse, a restored historic cabin, manager’s home and barn.
- Extensive, well-maintained interior road system throughout the ranch.
- Home to a healthy population of elk, deer, and moose.
- Four lakes are scattered throughout the ranch, and South Lone Pine Creek bisects the ranch’s northern meadow.
- Adjudicated water rights for both irrigation and water storage.
- One of the few remaining large-acreage ranches for sale in the Red Feather Lakes area.
Conveniently located in the foothills west of Fort Collins, Colorado, Phantom Lake Ranch is a private recreational enclave with four lakes, dramatic granite rock outcroppings, hay meadows, flowering pastures, aspens, pines, abundant wildlife, and spectacular scenery surrounded on three sides by the Roosevelt National Forest. The property has numerous improvements including the recently remodeled main home and guest house, a restored historic cabin, manager’s home and a barn. Near the quaint mountain village of Red Feather Lakes, Phantom Lake Ranch affords fishing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, hunting and numerous recreational opportunities on the property and on the surrounding public lands.
Located in the foothills of the Laramie Mountains about one hour west of Fort Collins and 2 hours from Denver is the 592 +/- deeded acre Phantom Lake Ranch. The ranch adjoins Red Feather Lakes, a quaint mountain village offering dining, shopping, golf and fishing. The property is bordered by Red Feather Lakes Road to the north and the Roosevelt National Forest to the south, at an elevation of 8,200 to 8,400 feet.
The property includes a mixture of flowering open meadows, meandering streams, four lakes, forested woodlands with aspens and pines, and dramatic granite rock outcroppings. The northern portion of the ranch includes a large open meadow split by South Lone Pine Creek and two large stocked lakes. On the edge of the meadow along the trees is a recently remodeled 1,865 +/- sq. ft. guest home, barn and an exquisitely renovated historic cabin. The southern portion of the ranch includes two more lakes and is dominated by a combination of open parks surrounded by aspens, pines and rock outcroppings. Set within the trees is the luxurious remodeled 3,780 +/- sq. ft. main home with 4 bedrooms and 4 baths and the 1,500 sq. ft. manager’s home.
The property adjoins the Roosevelt National Forest on three sides and trails lead directly from the property to thousands of acres of public lands. The ranch is just minutes away from the exclusive golf resort at Fox Acres, which is home to one of Colorado’s top ten private golf courses.
Summertime temperatures are in the 60s and 70s. Fall temps range in the 50s and 60s during the day, with evening temperatures dropping into the 30s. Wintertime temperatures range from highs in the 30s to 40s during the day and dropping into the teens and 20s at night. Average annual precipitation is 15 inches.
Phantom Lake Ranch possesses all of the high-quality improvements needed for a recreational getaway, a luxurious main residence, a roomy guest house with accessory guest cabin, a ranch manager’s home, and various ranch outbuildings including a barn and corrals.
- The main home, sheltered by mature pines and rock outcroppings, consists of 3,780 customized square feet with four bedrooms and four baths and a three-car garage. All rooms in the home open into a unique interior courtyard where entertainment features such as a Jacuzzi and outdoor kitchen/barbecue are located.
- The 1,865 square-foot, three bedroom, two bath guest home is a few minutes away at the other end of the ranch along a private country lane.
- A restored historic cabin near the guest home can house additional visitors. Thought to be the oldest cabin in the Red Feather Lakes area, it was recently renovated with special attention given to maintaining the historic attributes of the structure.
- A barn and shed with a corral and loading chutes are located at each residential center on the property.
The Red Feather Lakes area one hour west of Fort Collins, Colorado, has long been a high alpine recreation center and with the Phantom Lake Ranch, a buyer can have their own easily-accessible, yet private retreat from which to explore it all. A wildlife haven that adjoins Roosevelt National Forest to the south and much of the property’s west and east boundaries, Phantom Lake Ranch offers its owners and guests the chance to observe moose, elk, deer, bear and mountain lion on site, in addition to being able to explore the millions of acres of neighboring public lands via your own private access points.
- Four lakes dot the ranch, and two of them are currently stocked and are quality fisheries.
- Great fishing opportunities abound on other lakes in the vicinity as well as the nearby Cache la Poudre River and its many tributaries and neighboring alpine lakes.
- The property itself consists of a diverse collection of landscapes at 8,200 to 8,400 feet, from flowering and wet open meadows to dense stands of timbers with aspens and pines, and from a winding mountain stream (South Lone Pine) to boulder strewn rock outcroppings.
- Interior roads and trails and two separate horse set-ups on site make it easy to explore these wonders by horse, ATV, bike or by foot.
- Other recreational opportunities include hunting, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, winter sports and whitewater rafting on the Cache la Poudre and golfing.
The ranch has been home to a few horses and can accommodate limited cattle grazing. With its forest management plan, the property is a candidate for the Forest Ag Program administered by the Colorado State Forest Service.
The ranch has adjudicated water rights to irrigate hay fields, pastures, fill the lakes and reservoirs for recreation (fishery and wildlife) and livestock uses, and also wells and springs for domestic and other uses.
The ranch lies adjacent to the 400,000 acre Laramie Foothills Mountains to Plains Project, a collaborative land protection project between ranch landowners and local, state and national conservation organizations. Phantom Lake Ranch shares many of the ecological attributes of the lands within this project and it can qualify for a conservation easement if future owners desire to protect it. Significant federal and state tax benefits can accrue to landowners who donate a conservation easement. Please contact Mirr Ranch Group for more information.