- Hunting access is permitted in the surrounding San Isabel National Forest and other public lands, opening the door to thousands of additional acres.
- The ranch lies within game management unit 85, one of the best elk and deer hunting units in the state.
- The nearby San Isabel National Forest offers tens of thousands of acres to hike, ride, fish, hunt, cross-country ski or enjoy however you please.
- Carved out of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains over 100 years ago, The Rio Grande Scenic Railroad is once again operating The San Luis Express offering daily trips between La Veta and Alamosa in the summer months. The last regular passenger train was discontinued in 1953, and now travelers are privileged to see the one of the highest standard gauge crossing of the Front Range in regular operation. The train takes passengers around "Horseshoe Curve", along the San Isabel National Forest, through two tunnels and into through historic and scenic areas of southern Colorado.
- Adjoining town along the Cucharas River is the 18-hole Grandote Peaks Golf Club, a Tom Weiskopf/Jay Morrish designed championship golf course that was named a four star award winner by Golf Digest.
This property is offered by Mirr Ranch Group, LLC. All information provided by Mirr Ranch Group , LLC or their sales representatives in connection with this property was acquired from sources deemed reliable and is believed to be accurate and reliable, however, we do not warrant its accuracy or completeness. Mirr Ranch Group, LLC recommends that every item of interest to the purchaser (i.e. water laws, mineral laws, zoning, land use regulations, state, federal and private permits) be independently verified by the purchaser's attorney.