- Wilson Creek offers the unique opportunity to own almost 15,000 contiguous acres of deeded land an hour away from Denver.
- There are no conservation easements encumbering the ranch.
- With an ideal mix of cool and warm season grasses providing excellent year-round feed, the property is capable of running 500 cows with little or no supplemental feeding,
- Excellent mule deer, whitetail deer and antelope hunting with landowner tags.
- Ranch is well improved with 3 homes, a remodeled bunkhouse, big shop, barn, workshop, 32 working windmills, very nice fencing and road infrastructure.
- There are over 8 miles of cottonwood-lined river bottom with seasonal water providing excellent wildlife habitat.
- Includes 1000+/- acre Colorado State Lease.
Wilson Creek Ranch presents the unique opportunity to own almost 15,000 acres of pristine rolling grassland with extraordinary long-term development opportunities less than 70 miles east of Denver.
Wilson Creek Ranch is a classic eastern Colorado short grass prairie ranch with wide open rolling hills broken by cottonwood lined creeks. Wilson Creek traverses the property for a little over 6 miles, and East Bijou Creek runs for over two miles. The creek bottoms are lined with impressive, mature cottonwood trees, providing ideal cover for many species of wildlife.
Wilson Creek Ranch enjoys a temperate climate with four distinct seasons and over 300 days of sunshine per year. Average annual rainfall is 12-15 inches.
Wilson Creek Ranch is 70 miles east of Denver in northeastern Elbert County.
The property includes three homes, a remodeled historical bunkhouse and multiple outbuildings. All of the buildings have been meticulously maintained, are tight, and in clean, excellent working condition.
Buildings at the headquarters include three homes: two 3 bedroom/two bath homes, and one 2 bedroom/1 bath home. The headquarters also includes a restored historic barn; a large, modern steel shop with two enclosed bays, concrete floors and heat, excellent working pens/corrals, and certified scales. All of the buildings at the headquarters are on the grid.
There ranch is traversed by well-maintained ranch roads. The ranch is entirely perimeter and cross-fenced. There are over 33 working windmill wells dotted throughout the property
Wilson Creek Ranch offers trophy mule deer, whitetail deer, and antelope hunting opportunities. The area is home to trophy quality mule deer and whitetail deer. The ranch qualifies for transferable deer and antelope landowner permits every year.
With an ideal mix of cool and warm season grasses providing excellent year-round feed, the property is capable of running 500 cows with little or no supplemental feeding. Predominant grasses include gramma, buffalo, bluestem and broham. The ranch also includes a Colorado State grazing lease allotment of approximately 1,000 acres.
The ranch infrastructure is very clean and well kept, and includes corrals, pens, a big shop, barn, multiple pasture and perimeter fences in excellent shape, a workshop, and 32 working windmills.
Conservation & Investment Value
Wilson Creek Ranch is not encumbered by any conservation easements. Properties of this size and scope, all in one contiguous block, this close to Denver and in the path of development, are almost non-existent. Between the scarcity factor and Denver growth/development trends, Wilson Creek Ranch is an extremely attractive conservation easement candidate and/or simple long-term investment asset.