Carlos Mayer worked at Citibank Argentina in the agribusiness division, and during these 10 years, worked with farmers, vineyards, meat packing plants and food processors all around the country including branch supervision. While with Citibank, he was a member of the credit committee in Buenos Aires and the risk assets review team in Brazil. A partner of El Ragion Natural Beef LLC, San Francisco, CA, he imports and distributes natural meat from Uruguay to the USA. Mr. Mayer is also President of Estancia Foyel SA, a 10,000 acres ranch near Bariloche.
Carlos has a focus on the acquisition of resort, recreation and ranch properties in the Patagonian region.
- Studied economics at Universidad Catolica Argentina
- Member of the Instituto de Altos Estudios business school
- Member of the Board of several important crop operation ranches in Buenos Aires province with 40,000 acres under management
- Member of the Board, Midwest Farming AG Ventures located in Farmer City, Central Illinois, farming 3,000 acres of corn and soybeans
- Active participant in Purdue Top Farmers Meetings
- Member of the Board, Last Hope Foundation, dedicated to educational scholarship
Carlos lives with his family in San Isidro, Buenos Aires. He has 11 children.