A Registered National Natural Landmark, Echo Canyon Ranch is a Colorado ranch for sale just listed by Mirr Ranch Group of Denver. The 866-acre property adjoins public land and offers plenty of water – five stocked trout ponds, two year-round creeks, and waterfalls. Set at the base of the west Spanish Peak in the Cuchara Valley, the recreational ranch affords incredible views of the Spanish Peaks and Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
According to listing ranch broker Mac McWhorter, “Echo Canyon Ranch is one of the most geologically unique ranches in southern Colorado and is well equipped for entertaining large groups of friends and family. The natural beauty of this property is evident in the pictures with the scenic views, timbered mountainsides, private creek corridors and unique geological formations. The ranch has all the elements that buyers are searching for including live water, good access, premier fishing and hunting, access to adjoining public lands and proximity to a world renowned ski area.”
This ultimate sporting property is located in game management unit 85 which holds the Trinchera elk herd, one of the largest elk herds in Colorado and renowned for its trophy quality. Fly fishermen will appreciate Rainbow and Brook trout in the nearly 1.5 miles of Echo Creek and Little Echo Creek that flow through the ranch. In addition, the acclaimed Grandote Peaks Golf Club and the brand new Cuchara Mountain Resort are within minutes of the ranch.
Echo Canyon Ranch features:
- Adjoins the San Isabel National Forest and the Spanish Peaks Wilderness Area, affording thousands of acres of endless recreational activities including hiking, horseback riding, fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, and cross-country skiing.
- Includes five trout ponds and nearly 1.5 miles frontage along both Echo Creek and Lower Echo Creek offering fly-fishing for rainbow and brook trout.
- The ranch is so rich in beauty and geological significance that it was designated by the United States Department of the Interior as a Registered National Natural Landmark in 1976.
- The property is home to unique geologic Dakota sandstone walls and over 400 lava dikes that radiate out from the Spanish Peaks.
- One of the most prominent lava dikes is named the Devil’s Stairsteps which marks the eastern boundary of ranch.
- The ranch is well equipped for entertaining large groups of family and friends with two homes, lodge, three small cabins and a horse barn.
- In the past, the ranch was operated as a guest ranch, but it would also be suitable for a family or corporate retreat.
- Just eight miles south of the charming town of La Veta with its art galleries, shops, restaurants and Weiskopf-Morrish designed championship golf course, and just a few miles south of the Cuchara Mountain Resort, a planned downhill and Nordic ski area.
- 2.5 hours south of Denver along the Highway of Legends Scenic Byway, this property is easily accessible year-round.