The Farm on the Colorado
Glenwood Springs, Colorado (Garfield County)
- Located between Glenwood Springs and New Castle CO on I-70 – an interchange is less than a mile away and the interstate bisects the property for 1.5 miles; the 1,123-ac property stretches from the Colorado River north to BLM uplands
- The Farm is transitional real estate. Located within New Castle’s Urban Growth Boundary (see map) and adjacent to the town’s boundaries, its locale expedites future annexation and development according to the Garfield County Comprehensive Plan 2030, and depending on a new owner’s plans and how they want to position or enjoy the property.
- Over 16 CFS of water rights that irrigate approximately 300 acres of the valley floor (that’s over 1,000 annual acre/feet in terms of consumptive water supply)
- Approximately 9,000 linear feet of Colorado River frontage, a terrific fishery for large browns and rainbows
- A 10-acre, 1,700’ long lake for water-skiing and SUP water activities
- The Farm is likely the largest flat, irrigated expanse on a single, private property in the entire I-70 corridor thru the rugged Rocky Mountain stretch between Denver and Grand Junction
- Adjacent to BLM lands, the uplands are home to terrific hunting on oak and sage dotted wildlife habitat
- Elevation of the property ranges from 5,500’ on the river, to 6,500’ in the uplands, providing a terrific four-season climate
- Over $100K of income production derived from various residential, agricultural, and recreational activities
- This property is co-listed with Michael Latousek of Douglas Elliman Aspen.