Presenting four distinct properties offered individually or in their entirety.
- A portfolio of four distinct ranches along the I-25 corridor just north of Walsenburg
- High wind and solar development potential
- Includes a well-rounded cattle operation with 12 pastures
- Irrigated meadows and water rights
- Excellent populations of wildlife for hunting or viewing, including mule deer, whitetail deer, elk, antelope, and turkey
The Huerfano Assemblage consists of the Orphan, Potts, Big Tree, and Vucetich Ranches located just north of Walsenburg along the I-25 corridor. These properties flank both sides of I-25, are adjacent to the Walsenburg city limits and are ideal for future housing or other development. This region of Huerfano County is known for having exceedingly high wind and solar energy potential. All wind and solar energy rights will convey, and with current trends, presumably, there could be significant unrealized solar and wind value here. These offerings are available individually or in their entirety. In addition to wind / solar development potential, these ranches offer good mid-size grazing opportunities along with good populations of wildlife for hunting or viewing.
2,306 deeded acres
- 5 C.F.S Ditch water rights that irrigate approximately 58 acres currently used to grow a grass/alfalfa mix along the banks of the Huerfano River.
- Pastures are fenced and have ample water supply for solid grazing operations.
- There is a modest three-bedroom home on the property which, with some work, could be more than serviceable. Current pricing reflects no contributory value of this home.
- Wildlife includes mule deer, whitetail deer, elk, antelope, and turkey.
4,662 deeded acres
280 acres State lease land and 40 acres BLM lease
- A well-rounded cattle ranch with 12 pastures, working corrals, 3 wells, and several dirt tanks providing reliable water sources throughout the ranch.
- Permitted gravel pit
- 40 acres zoned for commercial use with I-25 frontage
- Good numbers of antelope and occasional deer
1,901 deeded acres
- Nicely improved with a log home, modular home, barn, outbuildings, and arena.
- Property is fenced and cross fenced and lies within an Opportunity Zone.
2,388 deeded acres
400 acres BLM lease
- Solid grazing lands bordering Potts Ranch allow for an expansion of the livestock operation and/or solar, wind, and other development.
Green Street Power Partners, alongside the owners of the Huerfano Ranch Assemblage, have completed an extensive feasibility study to implement a “Utility-Scale PV Solar Project” in Walsenburg, CO. After receiving favorable screening results, Green Street Power Partners is positioned to submit a plan proposing a 200 megawatt PV plant that is expected to produce over 500 million kilowatt-hours of low-cost solar energy per year. The implementation of the proposed solar plant provides opportunities for a variety of long term purchase agreements, as 100% of the system output will be sold and distributed to private and public stakeholders throughout the area. In addition to the financial benefits of the plant, the grid scale solar project would save an estimated 779 million pounds of CO2 emissions each year.
Orphan Ranch Greenhouse Study
Ownership has completed extensive greenhouse studies with Wright Water Engineers (WWE) to determine how many acres of greenhouse could be supported on the ranch. The detailed study helps to determine market pricing for existing and potential additional water rights to increase greenhouse area. Please contact listing broker for more information.