Offering 5 C.F.S Ditch water rights that irrigate approximately 58 acres, currently used to grow a grass/alfalfa mix along the banks of the Huerfano River.
- 5 C.F.S Ditch water rights that irrigate approximately 58 acres currently used to grow a grass/alfalfa mix along the banks of the Huerfano River.
- Pastures are fenced and have ample water for solid grazing operations.
- There is a modest three-bedroom home on the property which, with some work, could be more than serviceable. Current pricing reflects no contributory value of this home.
- High wind, solar, gravel, and residential development potential
- Irrigated meadows and water rights
- 1 mile of I-25 frontageExcellent populations of wildlife for hunting or viewing, including mule deer, whitetail deer, elk, antelope, and turkey
Located just north of Walsenburg along the I-25 corridor, the Orphan Ranch flanks the west side of I-25, and is ideal for future housing or other development. This region of Huerfano County is known for having exceedingly high wind and solar energy potential. All wind and solar energy rights will convey, and with current trends, presumably, there could be significant unrealized solar and wind value here. In addition to wind / solar development potential, the ranch offers good mid-size grazing opportunities along with good populations of wildlife for hunting or viewing.
Green Street Power Partners, alongside the owners of the Huerfano Ranch Assemblage, have completed an extensive feasibility study to implement a “Utility-Scale PV Solar Project” in Walsenburg, CO. After receiving favorable screening results, Green Street Power Partners is positioned to submit a plan proposing a 200 megawatt PV plant that is expected to produce over 500 million kilowatt-hours of low-cost solar energy per year. The implementation of the proposed solar plant provides opportunities for a variety of long term purchase agreements, as 100% of the system output will be sold and distributed to private and public stakeholders throughout the area. In addition to the financial benefits of the plant, the grid scale solar project would save an estimated 779 million pounds of CO2 emissions each year.
Orphan Ranch Greenhouse Study
Ownership has completed extensive greenhouse studies with Wright Water Engineers (WWE) to determine how many acres of greenhouse could be supported on the ranch. The detailed study helps to determine market pricing for existing and potential additional water rights to increase greenhouse area. Contact the listing broker for more information.