Second Canyon Ranch
With plentiful game, the ranch is the perfect blend of rugged western landscapes and privacy, yet minutes from the world-class ski resort of Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
- Consists of 2,180 +/- deeded acres
- Frontage on several intermittent creeks and multiple stock ponds
- Home to North America’s largest elk herd with resident and migratory animals
- Several park-like settings and canyons rimmed by aspen trees make for the perfect hunting setting
- Property managed for wildlife and livestock operations
- Exceptional privacy, minutes from the Yampa Valley Regional Airport and Steamboat Springs, CO, and only 1.5 hours from Vail
- Convenient year-round access from County Road 29
- Strategic wildlife wintering range and integral ecosystem for sage grouse
- Interspersed with aspen, oak, pine, and rolling grassy areas
- An abundance of native forage, plant diversity, and water resources
Second Canyon Ranch is the perfect blend of rugged western landscapes and privacy, yet minutes from the world-class ski resort of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Notable for its plentiful game, this distinct ecosystem lies in the heart of one of the largest migratory elk herds in the United States. In addition to elk, the ranch is home to resident mule deer, black bears, mountain lions, and an array of upland birds making this a diverse wildlife landscape.
The ranch has been expressly managed for hunting and wildlife under Colorado Parks & Wildlife’s Ranching for Wildlife Program. Plentiful numbers of mule deer, elk, and moose inhabit the ranch, in addition to several species of upland birds, including sharp-tail, blue, and sage grouse. The ranch lies within Colorado GMU 13, which offers an abundance of over-the-counter elk licenses for both archery and rifle hunting. Additionally, the ranch could qualify for multiple landowner mule deer licenses annually through Colorado Parks & Wildlife Landowner Preference Program.