Thistle Creek Ranch
1/2 mile of Thistle Creek runs through the ranch and provides opportunities to fish brown & rainbow trout.
- A 200-acre retreat in Spanish Fork Canyon is accessible year-round and just 20 minutes from “Silicone Slopes”, Utah’s famed technology “corridor”.
- 1/2 mile of Thistle Creek runs through the ranch and provides opportunities to fish brown & rainbow trout.
- The property could operate as a perfect horse ranch and offers plenty of recreational opportunities, including ATV riding, hiking, hunting & sport shooting.
- The 9,000 square foot, 8-bedroom/ 5-bathroom home is perched on a hillside and offers dramatic mountain and valley views to the east and south
- Additional buildings include a 40’ x 60’ post and beam barn + loft with a solar array in addition to a spacious 6-stall tack room that doubles as a gym.
- Complete with a sport shooting range on the upper portions of the ranch.
- The home is set up to be entirely self-sufficient based on abundant food storage, existing solar infrastructure, private culinary and irrigation water sources, plus a 2,000-gallon propane storage capacity in addition to wood-burning heat sources.
Thistle Creek Ranch, minutes from the heart of Utah County, is an ideal weekend escape from the hustle and bustle of the Wasatch Front. The private mountain setting provides endless opportunities for an owner and guests to enjoy numerous recreational opportunities. The main residence is surrounded by lush, irrigated lawns and boasts a spectacular backyard compound that includes a rock water feature, a large gathering area, and a huge outdoor fireplace. Views abound from every corner of the property and the ease of access and endless potential make Thistle Creek a compelling legacy purchase.
The gated entry to the ranch sits just off Highway 89, minutes below the junction of Highways 6 in Spanish Fork Canyon. The main entry road crosses Thistle Creek and gradually rises up a hillside to the ranch house and barn. About ½ mile of Thistle Creek meanders through the lower meadows of the ranch where a small pond can also be found. The road to the main compound is surrounded on both sides by fenced pastures. Several smaller paddocks surrounding the home are irrigated and can be used for grazing or additional landscape improvements. The upper, western portion of the ranch consists of fenced meadows, spectacular rock cliffs, and a dramatic canyon. The current owner has set up a sport shooting range on a secluded section of the ranch. Cottonwood trees, shrubs, and grasses line the riparian corridor and the remainder of the ranch is covered by sage, cedar trees, and native grasses. Fox, deer, and a variety of birds and raptors frequent the ranch. Elevations on the ranch range from 5,100 ft at the property entry to over 6,200 ft at the higher reaches.
The Home and Barn
The home boasts spectacular mountain views and backs up to an incredible backyard garden complex, perfect for entertaining large groups or hosting family retreats or weddings. The 8-bedroom and 5-bathroom house includes a “mother-in-law” arrangement which features a living area, kitchenette plus outdoor deck. Multiple offices or craft rooms are also located on the main level of the home. A large dorm room is perfect for kids and friends. The lower level of the house contains a full kitchen, a separate living area with a wood burning stove, 2 bedrooms, and a full bathroom. Multiple decks and outdoor seating areas abound. The property is serviced by all utilities including electric, propane, water, and septic, plus phone and internet connectivity. The home includes roof-mounted solar panels and was built with safety and security in mind – it contains a huge food storage room as well as private water and a 2,000-gallon propane storage capacity. An attractive 40’ x 60’ post and beam barn includes a loft area as well as roof-mounted solar panels. The barn serves as a perfect toy shed or venue for family gatherings. Also located on the property is a separate building that currently doubles as a tack shed/gym and includes power and heating.
Thistle Creek contains an abundant population of brown trout and the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources occasionally stocks the stream with catchable-sized rainbow trout. Much of the stream is bordered by private property and Thistle Creek Ranch has in the past participated in a public “walk-in” program for anglers. There are plenty of other recreational opportunities on the ranch including horseback riding, hunting, mountain biking, hiking, and sport shooting. The upper sections of the property offer several areas to build a Yurt or a family camping complex.
There are irrigation and stock watering water rights in addition to water shares affiliated with Thistle Creek Ranch. Please check with the listing agent for specific details.