Located along the Utah and Colorado border adjoining Dinosaur National Monument and 5 miles of the Green River, lies an unrivaled trophy hunting property and major hay producing ranch at the base of Split Mountain. This is a rare find with over 36,000 total acres, a wide diversity of Colorado wildlife, recreation, irrigated fields, scenic landscapes and historic water rights.
- The 525 deeded acres is in two parcels and includes a restored log home, bunkhouse, barn and corrals set within in the Yampa River Canyon beneath Castle Rock, Colorado.
- The improvements are surrounded by lush irrigated hay fields, cottonwood trees, and an orchard adjoining sandy beaches along Colorado’s Yampa River.
- The ranch is complemented by an approximately 30,000 acre federal “grazing right” that runs some 17 miles east-west and 6-7 miles north-south along the Yampa River and the surrounding Yampa Bench perfect for a cattle operation.
- Your secluded backyard includes miles of river, canyons, crags, cliffs, scenic panoramas and intriguing archeological sites.
- Hikes along the river and shady side canyons reveal ancient fossils, prehistoric Native American ruins, as well as waterfalls and clear creeks tumbling out of narrow gorges sheltering hidden Colorado oases.
- The ranch is located in the highly coveted hunting Unit 10 and is rated as one of the best trophy elk and mule deer areas in the United States and class III and IV rapids are right out your door.
Located in northwestern Colorado, the Mantle Ranch is a private pristine ranch surrounded by the 225,000 acre Dinosaur National Monument. A treasured and rare inholding, the Mantle Ranch is an ecological, cultural and geological jewel located in an astonishingly beautiful and serene river corridor with thousand foot high yellow and red sandstone canyon walls carved by the wild and free flowing Yampa River. The land is beautiful, secluded, historic and replete with recreational and cultural resources including petroglyphs, and other ancient Native American art, fossils, trophy elk and mule deer hunting, and Colorado white water adventures.