Pyramid Peak Ranch
Resting in a spectacular basin with end of the road privacy along the Flat Tops Scenic Byway this incredible wilderness hunting ranch offers miles of creeks and streams, 395 acres of tree-lined irrigated meadows and adjoins the Routt National Forest for 4.8 miles.
- Scenic historic ranch within pristine Williams Fork River Valley with meadows and parks ringed by prolific stands of aspen, spruce, pine and fir trees
- Pristine elk habitat situated between prime bedding and feeding areas, and home to one of North America’s largest elk herds
- Offering quality big game hunting, recreational, and development opportunities
- 4.8 miles of adjacency to the Routt National Forest along the north slopes of the Flat Tops Wilderness Area, situated just below 11,532 foot Pyramid Peak
- Direct access to untamed wilderness offering over 110 high country lakes, 100 miles of fishing streams, and nearly 160 miles of hiking trails
- 2 miles of Bunker Creek, with the upper reaches of the creek home to isolated cutthroat trout populations and other trout species
- Historic water rights consisting of approximately 12.8 CFS flood irrigate approximately 395 acres of hay meadows and pastures
- Improved irrigation systems by owner have enhanced grazing for wildlife and livestock
- Several ponds and numerous riparian areas located throughout the ranch provide water and feed for wildlife and livestock
- The ranch works cooperatively with Colorado Parks and Wildlife to maintain elk and deer herds
- End of the road privacy with access via the Flat Tops Scenic Byway
- Improvements include guest hunting lodge, guest home, cabin, shop, and several historic stagecoach improvements
- One hour to Steamboat Springs and 30 minutes from Yampa Valley Regional Airport with private FBO Services and direct flights from major US cities
Pyramid Peak Ranch is a scenic mountain ranch adjacent to an expanse of uninhibited and protected wilderness, just beneath the soaring Pyramid Peak and the Flat Tops Wilderness Area. The property is blessed with 2 miles of Bunker Creek with native cutthroat trout, several ponds, and water rights originating in the adjoining Routt National Forest that flood irrigates 390 acres of meadows and pastures lined by aspens, firs, and pines. Expertly stewarded, the ranch provides fertile wildlife habitat balanced with water resources, livestock, and agricultural operations. This ranch has it all with privacy, adjacent to national forest, water, exemplary Rocky Mountain elk habitat, lodges, cabins, and historic stagecoach stop, all within 30 minutes from an airport and one hour from Steamboat Springs.