Flat Top Ranch
Located between Laramie and Wheatland, this property offers some excellent summer grazing, from a large well-watered pasture.
- The Flat Top Ranch is in an area well known for their great yearling gains and excellent summer pasture consisting of Buffalo Grass, Blue Grama and Bottle Brush grasses.
- The location of the property allows for easy access to Torrington Livestock Market, (a valuable marketplace), and many large feedlots.
- The property consists of 3,054 deeded acres and a 580-acre BLM lease.
- The short growing season and hardiness of the Laramie Plains makes the Flat Top Ranch a very productive working ranch, combining all the valuable attributes that investment minded buyer seeks.
Located along Highway 34 between Laramie and Wheatland, and approximately 90 miles from Wyoming’s largest livestock market, this property offers some excellent summer grazing from a large well-watered pasture. Water is provided by a small creek, a large reservoir, and a couple windmills.
The Flat Top Ranch is located about 25 miles west of the Halleck Canyon Ranch and the two units can be purchased together. The property consists of 3,054 deeded acres and a 580-acre BLM lease. Please contact broker for details.
Wheatland, Wyoming, with a population of approximately 3,500, is the county seat for Platte County. The town offers a number of grocery stores, restaurants, hotels, banks, hospital, veterinary services, farm equipment dealers and feed stores.
The Wheatland area receives approximately 13 inches of rainfall per year and averages 41 inches of snowfall. There are generally 230 sunny days per year and high temperatures range from 89 degrees in July to 41 degrees in January.
The Flat Top Ranch boasts an endless supply of antelope.
- This parcel consists of one large adequately watered pasture.
- Several of the reputable yearling operators in the area have rated the Flat Top Ranch of having the caring capacity of 150 yearlings on a normal year with the typical turn out date being around June 1 and shipping off in mid-October.
- There are no improvements on the Flat Top Ranch, and shipping has been traditional accomplished through the use of a portable corral and chute system.
This property is well managed and amply watered, and offers valuable native grasslands for a large number of yearlings, or summer pasture for the cow calf producer.