Hammer Stone Ranch
Situated in the shadow of Reese Mountain on the banks of the Laramie River is the Hammer Stone Ranch, a retreat near Wheatland, Wyoming and three hours from Denver. The 160 +/-acres is a true sanctuary for hunting and fly-fishing alike.
- Several private fly-fishing opportunities only a couple hundred yards from your back door along the Laramie River.
- Adjacency to additional Laramie River fishing on nearly 2 miles of adjoining public land that sports numerous beaver damns, pools, rapids and bends alongside granite cliffs and willow-lined banks.
- A completely off-the-grid custom-built log home
- Wyoming terrain consisting of rolling hills covered in buck brush, and cottonwood and willow-lined frontage on the Laramie River
Situated in the shadow of Reese Mountain on the banks of the Laramie River is the Hammer Stone Ranch, a retreat near Wheatland, Wyoming and three hours from Denver. The 160 +/-acres is a true sanctuary for hunting and fishing alike. With nice improvements and ideal proximity to Wyoming public land and live water, this is the perfect combination of value and sporting features for the investment-minded sportsman.
The Hammer Stone Ranch is a superb recreational property just west of Wheatland, Wyoming, surrounded by large ranches, and full of rich, Native American history, including numerous artifacts found on this very property. Historically, this ranch was a full-time home to several Native Americans, where their existence can still be found, encircled by some of the most recognizable mountains in the Laramie Range, including Reese Mountain, Squaw Mountain, the Cooney Hills, and Bills Mountain. Fly-fishing for trophy trout is just seconds from the front porch in one of the most scenic backdrops in the country.
The improvements on Hammer Stone Ranch consist of a finely crafted 10 year old custom built log home with 3 bedrooms /2 1/2 baths and a spacious modern layout. This is complimented by an indoor hot tub and attached 2 car garage.
The Wyoming ranch has all the amenities of a recreational get away, with a large work shop and finished log outbuilding, perfect for a guest bedroom or hunting trophy room.
The ranch is an ideal recreational investment for those seeking the tranquility and solitude only seen in larger ranches. The adjoining BLM land and the Laramie River within it provide the owner of the ranch direct and private access to additional fly-fishing and hunting on Wyoming public lands.
- The ranch and nearby area provides endless recreational opportunities including hunting and fly-fishing.
- There are incredible views of the Wyoming plains to the east, and Laramie Peak and the surrounding mountains to the west.
- One of the largest bodies of water in the area, Glendo Reservoir and Wyoming State Park, is just east of the ranch. The lake is fed by the North Platte River and affords thousands of acres of surface water for boating and fly-fishing, and is ranked among the top Walleye fisheries in the state.
- A little further downstream on the Laramie River lies Wyoming’s Gray Rocks Reservoir, a very good warm water fishery and boating lake.
- The Hammer Stone Ranch has some great mule deer habitat within its buck brush covered draws and hill sides, and several trophy whitetail frequent the river bed right off the front porch.
- Adjacent BLM ground has very limited access and sports some good hunting for deer, elk, black bear, turkey and the occasional big horn sheep.
- The Wyoming ranch provides nearly 2 miles of Laramie River access on the adjacent BLM ground.
- This river is a relatively undiscovered fishery producing some of the best fly-fishing in the region with plenty of brook, brown and rainbow trout.
- Stream enhancements could be developed throughout the stretch of the river ensuring ideal habitat for fish.
- The natural beauty of this property is created by the Laramie River and surrounding Wyoming mountains, and is the perfect property for the recreational-minded buyer.
- This ranch provides live water, good access, premier fly-fishing and hunting, and adjacency to public lands that have very little access available.
With a combination of river frontage, fly-fishing, and hunting, all within 3 hours from Denver, Colorado, and excellent access just off a well-maintained county road, the Hammer Stone Ranch offers many attributes only seen in larger parcels. This is a great value.