Over 4 miles of both sides of Van Bremmer Canyon and frontage on the Purgatoire River.
- Approximately 13,551 deeded acres rated for 250-300 pair year-round
- Property has not been grazed for over 10 months and is flush with grass and ready for cows
- Over 4 miles of both sides of Van Bremmer Canyon and frontage on the Purgatoire River
- All new solar wells with good perimeter and pasture fencing
- Mule deer, elk, antelope, and turkey hunting
- The property enjoys a mix of open grasslands and deep canyons
- Includes a completely remodeled home suitable for the owner or manager
Model Ranch, at 13,551 +/- deeded acres, is an outstanding short-grass prairie cattle ranch rated for 250 – 300 pair year-round. Located in central Las Animas County, the ranch has been rested and rehabilitated for the last 10 months. The range is flush with grass and ready for cows. The property boasts good perimeter and pasture fencing, four stock wells with solar pumps and fiberglass tanks, 4 miles of year-round water in Van Bremer Canyon, several springs, over 30 earthen stock tanks, and two sets of tight handling/shipping facilities. Wildlife includes elk, mule deer, antelope, turkeys and quail. There is a modest home on the ranch.
Model Ranch is a mostly open, protein-rich, native, short-grass prairie ranch. The property enjoys a nice mix of open grasslands and pinon/cedar/canyon cover. Around 80% of the ranch is open, while around 20% of the property is comprised of around pinon/cedar cover and 4 miles of the picturesque Van Bremmer Canyon which holds running water year-round. The canyon slopes are well covered with gambel oak, pinon, and juniper trees, providing protective cover for stock and wildlife.
The property enjoys fabulous unencumbered views of the snow-capped Spanish Peaks and Sangre De Cristo Range.
Model Ranch is situated in central Las Animas County in southeastern Colorado. Trinidad, Colorado, with all commercial services, is about 30 minutes away. Denver is about a 3.5-hour drive to the north.
Includes a completely remodeled home suitable for the owner or manager with a new well by the house. The property enjoys good perimeter and pasture fencing. Stock water is abundant with 4 solar wells, a live spring, over 30 earthen tanks and ponds, and a year-round creek in Van Bremer Canyon. Two-track roads traverse most sections of the ranch.
- Average Annual Rainfall: 15 inches
- Average Annual Snowfall: 42 inches
- Average Winter High Temperatures: Upper 40s to low 50s
- Average Summer Temperatures: Upper 80s
- Days of Sunshine per year: 300+
Model offers mule deer, elk, antelope and turkey hunting. 180+ mule deer are not uncommon in this country. There is a large, sustained and huntable population of Merriams turkeys on the ranch.
Model Ranch is a solid cattle ranch in Colorado with good pasture and perimeter fencing. The ranch is rated for 250-300 mother cows. Blue Grama and Buffalo Grass dominate the range. The treed canyon country provides protective cover during rare winter storms. Model is well watered with 4 producing solar wells (including backup breaker boxes) with fiberglass stock tanks and one new well by the house.
There are several live springs and spring-fed ponds on the ranch, and over 30 earthen tanks holding stock water seasonally. There are two sets of shipping/handling facilities on the ranch with calving sheds and storage/feed facilities.