With its brilliantly colored red rock formations rising from the lush green meadows, the Sandstone Ranch is quite simply one of the most iconic and scenic properties available in the Front Range of Colorado.
- 2,038 +/- acres with irrigated gentle sloping hay meadows, scenic red rock formations, rocky ridges, forested hillsides, meandering creeks and ponds
- Secluded and private yet convenient access to the charming town of Larkspur (3 miles) and Castle Rock (15 miles)
- Represents one of the largest undeveloped properties available along the foothills between Denver and Colorado Springs
- Common boundary with Pike National Forest for 3.5 miles
- Historic water rights from 1860s have been used to irrigate 220 acres
- Classic working ranch and equestrian estate with modern facilities and vintage barns, including 19 farm buildings and 4 homes totaling approximately 33,840 sq. ft.
- 40 miles south of Denver, 30 miles from Colorado Springs, 4 miles west of I-25
- Entitlements from approved Rural Site Plan for 114 lots
- Exemplary conservation opportunity
With its brilliantly colored red rock formations rising from the lush green meadows, the 2,038 acre Sandstone Ranch is quite simply one of the most iconic and scenic properties available in the Front Range of Colorado. Located between Denver and Colorado Springs near the town of Larkspur, the ranch affords convenient access to amenities but is unique in its seclusion and solitude. Situated at the end of a private lane the property opens to rolling pastures lined by meandering creeks and ponds that rise to the forested hillsides of the adjoining National Forest. A working ranch since the 1870s, the property exhibits a balance of historic and modern ranch facilities reflecting the geology, history, and vernacular of the area. The property also enjoys entitlements in place for a future equestrian-anchored large-lot residential development. Sandstone Ranch is truly a unique investment opportunity for those seeking a ranch property with stunning scenery and proximity to Denver.
Co-listed with Jim Capecelatro at Cushman & Wakefield.