The property is home to numerous types of grass including Alfalfa, Brome, Millet, Buffalo Grass, Dry Mix: 5-seed Grass Crop, Timothy Grass and Sunflowers.
Historically, the property harvested wheat, millet, alfalfa, oats, clover, sunflowers, and sorghum.
The property is leased to an adjoining rancher for grazing. The carrying capacity of the ranch is about 100 head.
Blue Agate Ranch has sufficient water rights on the property for wildlife habitat, overall ecological conditions, some irrigation, and livestock water. The property has:
- ALLUVIAL GROUNDWATER RIGHTS:
- Two ponds consisting of 2.8 acres.
- Exempt well with solar panels used for watering livestock (1 acre-foot)
- AGATE RESERVOIR SURFACE STORAGE RIGHT:
- 7,727 acre-feet of absolute storage and 1,135 acres for irrigation (NOTE estimated yield averages 605 ac-ft)
- 70 acres have been used historically for irrigation
- 1,065 acres with conditional rights to irrigate when water is available
- DENVER BASIN GROUNDWATER:
- Limited solely to the Laramie Fox-Hills aquifer. No well but estimated 261 ac-ft/year available. The depth of the aquifer is estimated to be 325 to 375 feet deep.