Within a scenic sub-alpine setting surrounded by the Medicine Bow National Forest in the Snowy Range Mountains lies the Boswell Ranch, a National Forest inholding.
- The ranch is located within 2.5 hrs of Denver, Colo.
- National Forest inholdings of this kind are rare.
- The Snowy Range has some of the highest densities of moose left in the state, and many moose, elk, and mule deer call the Boswell home.
- Snowy Range is some of the finest snowmobiling in the world, complete with over 320 miles of groomed trails and over 1 million acres of National Forest.
- This area has excellent year-round recreational opportunities for anything the outdoors person seeks to do.
Within a scenic sub-alpine setting surrounded by the Medicine Bow National Forest in the Snowy Range Mountains, lies the Boswell Ranch, an 142-acre National Forest inholding. The property is a rich high mountain sanctuary, complimented by ½ mile of Boswell Creek, and surrounded by dense Pine and Aspen forests, Granite rock outcroppings, and lush mountain meadows. Located approximately 40 miles southwest of Laramie and a few miles east of Mountain Home, Wyoming, the Boswell Ranch is arguably one of the most pristine complete in-holding parcels left in the Snowy Range.
Boswell Ranch is situated just 2.5 hrs from Denver, 40 miles from Laramie, and 4.5 miles off of Hwy 230. The property is surrounded by National Forest and is located just north of the Colorado state line.
The ranch is completely fenced, however it is unimproved.
The property sits around 8,900 feet.
- Average annual rainfall: 17.5 inches
- Average annual snowfall: 180 inches
Boswell Ranch is a great recreational getaway, very private, and surrounded by thousands of acres of National Forest. The recreational opportunities in this area or unmatched year-round. There are virtually no outdoors activities that you cannot enjoy, directly from this property.
- Over 320 miles of groomed snowmobile trails are adjacent to the property.
- One million acres of adjacent National Forest for hunting, fishing, and hiking.
- Excellent rock climbing and mountain biking in the immediate area.
The hunting in and around the Boswell Ranch is excellent with a high density of moose, black bear, elk, and mule deer. There are numerous opportunities in the surrounding area, and many species frequent the ranch on a daily basis.
The fly-fishing is excellent on the Boswell Ranch as the Boswell Creek traverses through the property. This creek is a high mountain waterway, with numerous Beaver damns and fishing holes that host a great population of brookie and cutthroat trout. In addition, hundreds of creeks and high mountain lakes are in the immediate area.
Boswell Ranch creates a very unique opportunity to invest; the shear rarity of such a parcel creates value in itself. Couple that with an investment in outdoor opportunity and accessibility for the family, and this parcel is sure to continue to be in demand.