Deer Haven Ranch
The Deer Haven Ranch is a quaint end-of-the-road ranch property consisting of a 560-acre escarpment wrapped uniquely around the Goshen Rim and perched above the Goshen Hole.
- The Deer Haven Ranch is located approximately 3 hours from Denver and 32 miles Northeast of Chugwater, Wyoming.
- The ranch offers 400 deeded acres with a 160-acre BLM lease, 3 water wells, a large shop, a 3 bedroom/2 bath house, and garage including a tractor with attachments.
- The property can be a private hideaway with excellent scenic and recreational attributes, grazing land for running a few cows on the well-sodded pastures, and a mule deer sanctuary.
Deer Haven Ranch is comprised of 2 parcels that can be purchased individually.
- The first parcel is 320 acres and includes the house. $360,000
- The second parcel is 80 acres and includes the shop. $137,000
The Deer Haven Ranch is a quaint end-of-the-road ranch property consisting of a 560-acre escarpment wrapped uniquely around the Goshen Rim and perched above the Goshen Hole. The property is uniquely located in-between the deep canyons, steep bluffs of the rim and some large wheat fields to the south. The location creates a mule deer highway through the property as they make their trek to feed in the wheat fields every night and seek shelter in the expansive terrain of the Rim during the day. The Deer Haven Ranch provides a very private setting with great access and stunning vistas surrounding the property.
The Deer Haven Ranch lies approximately 25 miles southeast of Wheatland, 2 ½ hours north of Denver, and 10 miles east of 1-25. The ranch is a geological wonder with the incredible escarpment towering over the property and surrounding area.
- Improvements consist of a 3-bedroom, 2 bath metal exterior and stick built interior house, a large garage and a 40’ x 80’ steel shop.
- The property has 2 residential wells and a windmill giving it adequate water for a fancy yard or for a livestock operation on the 560-acre ranch.
The hunting features of the ranch are spectacular. Due to the diversity of the terrain and the location, the property is rich with game such as mule deer, prairie dogs, sharp tail grouse, morning doves and antelope.
The Deer Haven Ranch has a very expansive stand of Skunk Brush Sumac and Mountain Mahogany to providing excellent bedding cover for herds of mule deer. These rich plant species combined with supplemental feeding on wheat fields just to the south, provide excellent browse and nutrition, and creates the perfect environment for the mule deer to thrive.
The investment value of the Deer Haven Ranch is superb. The area has been in a hot bed for mineral and wind leases for the last decade, however there is no current activity in the area, and there is the potential for some windfall profits. The property also lends itself nicely for a private end-of-the-road retreat with the potential to become a sportsman’s paradise.
The Deer Haven Ranch’s well-sodded pastures and location create an excellent opportunity to run a small herd of cattle. The owners currently run 40 pairs during the summer months.