- A custom built 9,000 sq. ft. main home with fabulous master suite accessed by elevator, a 3,300 sq. ft. 4-bedroom guest home, detached executive office suite, 3-car garage and attached wood-working shop, and greenhouse. All the structures were built using native stone mined in Wyoming, and designed to take full advantage of the unobstructed views of the meandering river.
- Private access to the North Platte River via a wooden staircase just off the back patio.
- With over 60 miles of blue ribbon fishing waters in the upper North Platte River Valley and the nearby Medicine Bow National Forest, this a desirable destination for fly fishermen, big game hunters, and all types of recreational enthusiasts.
- Entirely surrounded by ranch land owned by the largest landowner in the U.S., the risk is low for encroaching development impacting the surrounding landscape in the future.
- Shivley Field Saratoga Airport offers private air service via the 8,800’ lighted airstrip just minutes from the property, or commercial flights are available in nearby Laramie or via Denver International Airport.
- Less than 3 miles from the exclusive Old Baldy Club, offering a championship quality 18-hole golf course, guided fishing on the North Platte River and other surrounding rivers and streams, impeccable accommodations, and fine dining.
Overlooking the North Platte River, 5 miles from Saratoga, Wyoming, the 110 +/- acre Riverbend on the North Platte is a high-end western estate featuring extensive improvements with inspiring views of the river valley and surrounding snow-capped peaks. The centerpiece of the property is the 9,000 sq. ft. custom-built main home constructed with close attention to detail using native stone from southern Wyoming. Other improvements include a 4-bedroom guest home, detached executive office suite, 3-car garage with attached wood-working shop, greenhouse and shooting range. Saratoga, whose motto is “Where the Trout Leap in Main Street”, is a charming mountain town known for its spectacular blue-ribbon trout fishing, abundant wildlife, and numerous recreational opportunities. Situated between the Sierra Madre and Snowy Mountain Ranges, Saratoga and the upper North Platte River Valley have preserved their western heritage while offering spectacular sporting amenities.
Set in a secluded and quiet valley surrounded by snow-capped peaks, this unique property offers you exceptional amenities in an extraordinary setting. On the banks of the North Platte River, the 109.22 +/- acre property consists of gently sloping open bench which comes to a point overlooking the river where the home and other buildings are located. Within the fenced and gated compound are extensively manicured grounds which include landscaped flower beds, vegetable garden, stone walkways and irrigated lawns. Just off the back patio of the main home, a wooden staircase leads to one of the best holes on the river. Surrounded on all sides by a ranch owned by the largest landowner in the country, the likelihood of encroaching development impacting the surrounding landscape in the future is small.
The property is conveniently located on the banks of the North Platte River approximately 5 miles southeast of Saratoga, Wyoming, and accessible year-round via county maintained roads. From Saratoga, take Ryan Park Road east for approximately 3.5 miles, then go south on Cedar Ridge Road for approximately 1.5 miles to the property entrance.
Saratoga, whose motto is “Where the Trout Leap in Main Street”, is a charming western town offering all the necessary amenities including grocery stores, lodging, restaurants, and shopping opportunities. Set in a secluded valley between the Sierra Madre and Snowy Mountain Ranges, Saratoga has remained sheltered from tourism and development helping to preserve its western heritage. With over 60 miles of blue ribbon fishing waters in the upper North Platte River Valley and the nearby national forest, this a desirable destination for fly fishermen, big game hunters, and all types of recreational enthusiasts.
The home and other improvements are located behind the gated entrance way on the point overlooking the river. All of the structures are matching in style and built with native stone mined in nearby Rawlins, Wyoming. In all, Riverbend on the North Platte offers over 17,500 sq. ft of premium living space.
- Main Home: the 9000 SF main house includes spectacular living and dining rooms, a library and bar, kitchen and family room, spa and sauna, billiards room and a fabulous master suite accessible by a private elevator. Beautiful woodwork and stone fireplaces throughout provide warmth and splendor.
- Guest Home: the 3300 SF guesthouse is a home your guests will want to call their own: four bedrooms, each with its own ensuite bath with kitchen, dining, living area and patio.
- Executive Office Suite: includes a nicely finished executive office suite with walnut built-ins and fireplace: executive office, secretary’s office, computer room, ½ bath.
- Other Improvements: Other improvements include the greenhouse/fenced garden, a 3 car garage with adjoining woodworking shop, and a generator building/shooting rage.
Saratoga is named after an Iroquois Indian word Sarachtoue, which translates to “place of miraculous water in the rock” referring to the active mineral hot springs in town. The area surrounding Saratoga is still predominately comprised of large cattle ranches as it was over a century ago. The 110-acre property was originally part of a large ranch owned by the same family for approximately 60 years. The home and other improvements were built in the late 1980s and early 1990s, and are all in excellent condition.
- Average annual precipitation: 10.3 inches
- January temperature: High: 30° Low: 10°
- July temperature: High: 88° Low 55°
- Days of Sunshine per year: 300+
In an isolated valley between the Snowy Mountain and Sierra Madre Ranges, Saratoga is a sportsman’s paradise offering miles of blue-ribbon fly fishing water, plentiful big game and other wildlife, and access to the nearby Medicine Bow National Forest.
- The fertile river valley and surrounding national forest offer excellent hunting for trophy big game including elk, mule deer, moose, black bear, antelope, mountain lion, big horn sheep, wild turkey, and more.
- Grouse are also plentiful in the area offering excellent upland bird hunting.
- Hundreds of miles of hiking trails for the novice and experienced are scattered throughout the Medicine Bow National Forest.
- For the winter sportsman, the snowmobile trails in the national forest are second to none. With over 300 miles of trails to choose from, you can snowmobile all day without feeling crowded.
- Less than 3 miles from the exclusive Old Baldy Club offering a championship quality 18-hole golf course, guided fishing on the North Platte River and other surrounding rivers and streams, impeccable accommodations, and fine dining.
- Widely regarded as one of the West’s finest freestone fisheries, the upper North Platte River supports huge trout populations with studies suggesting there are over 4,000 catchable trout per mile on this stretch of water. Many of these range between 12-16 inches. The odds of landing a trout 16-22 inches is good, and trophy trout over 5 pounds are common.
- Brown and rainbow trout exist in almost equal numbers; smaller populations of cutthroat and cutbows. With several public accesses along the river, you can fish on your own or hire one of the local outfitters to guide you.
- Other noteworthy fisheries in the area include the Encampment River, Brush Creek, and French Creek.
Check back soon for more information.