A 5th generation Colorado native, Woody has an abiding interest in ranching and land use. With a unique expertise in conservation easements, he has focused on land stewardship and conserving agriculture. He is actively involved in the ownership of two ranches in Colorado – one a family hay ranch in Summit County, the other a cow/calf operation in Huerfano County – and was formerly a Senior Project Manager with the Trust for Public Land, a national non-profit conservation organization. With a background in commercial real estate development, Woody is also the founder of a renewable energy development company.
- M. A. in Environmental Studies from the University of Montana
- B. A. in History and Political Science from Lewis and Clark College
- Real Estate Broker Associate, Colorado
- Real Estate Associate Broker, New Mexico
- Board Member, San Isabel Land Protection Trust (2006-2009, 2015-present)
- Colorado Advisory Board Member, Trust for Public Land (2006-2012)
- Capital Campaign Committee, Museum of Contemporary Art (2003-2005)
- Upper Colorado River Association (current member)
Woody enjoys being outdoors. He likes to hike, run rivers, and ride horseback. He will fish if it’s good, ski when he can, and cook outside with friends and family whenever possible.