Smith Fork Ranch
With private fishing and infinite recreation on the banks of the Smith Fork of the Gunnison River.
- Located in the majestic North Fork Valley between Aspen and Telluride, Colorado
- Two miles of private fishing on the Smith Fork of the Gunnison River, as well as ⅓ of a mile of an additional private fishing stream, nine ponds and two springs
- Surrounded by the Gunnison National Forest overlooking the West Elk Range of the Rocky Mountains
- Exquisite improvements including three residences, three cabins, and staff housing
- Sporting clays/trap shooting facilities, archery range, equestrian arena, barns and corrals
- Valuable historical water rights
- Unlimited recreational opportunities including fishing, hunting, hiking, mountain biking, cross country skiing, snowmobiling, swimming and horseback riding
- Very desirable National Forest Hunting Permit
- Year-round access via a county maintained road
Situated along the banks of the Smith Fork of the Gunnison River in the majestic North Fork Valley between Aspen and Telluride, Colorado, is the nationally acclaimed 250-acre Smith Fork Ranch. Surrounded by the Gunnison National Forest and overlooking the West Elk Range of the Rocky Mountains, this one-of-a-kind luxury ranch is one of the finest offerings currently available in the American West.
First homesteaded in the 1800s, when Colorado was still a territory, Smith Fork Ranch became an actual ranch in 1928 when newlyweds Mamie and Grant Ferrier combined two pieces of property. Now owned by Marley Hodgson, the retired founder and designer of the Ghurka leather-goods company, and his wife, Linda, Smith Fork Ranch has most recently been operated as one of the country’s most lovingly restored guest ranches. Whether operated as a guest ranch or the perfect private family retreat, the Smith Fork Ranch is an opportunity to own a beautifully secluded and intimate haven with exquisite improvements, private fishing, and infinite recreation.