Wilson Creek – Moffat County
Elk and Mule Deer abound on and around the 423-acre Wilson Creek Ranch in Moffat County, Colorado. The owners have harvested over 20 bull elk and 5 to 10 mule deer bucks per year on the property and the surrounding 1,200 +/- acre BLM leased land, making this the perfect family hunting retreat.
- The ranch has 3 sources of income – hunting outfitting, grazing and hay production. The ranch has historically produced up 80-90 tons of grass hay per year.
- There are two homes on the property. The main house is a 1,900 square foot A-frame with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. There is also a camp house where hunters and guests stay which has 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths and approximately 2,400 square feet. Both homes were built in the 80s.
- The outfitting business, Badger Creek Outfitters, generates an annual gross income of around $80 thousand per year. There are generally 6 hunters per season at $3,500 per hunter, and there are 4 rifle seasons.
- There is also a horse barn, hay shed, tool/equipment shed and various other ranching outbuildings on the property, all in very good shape.
- The property is entirely perimeter fenced and pasture cross fenced. There are several ranch roads traversing the property.
Elk and Mule Deer abound on and around the 423-acre Wilson Creek Ranch in Moffat County, Colorado. The owners have harvested over 20 bull elk and 5 to 10 mule deer bucks per year on the property and the surrounding 1,200 +/- acre BLM leased land. Much of the thousands of acres of adjacent BLM land is very difficult to access except by going through this ranch or other private property. Elevations range from 7,000 up to 8,100, with irrigated pastureland along the creek and valley sections of the property, and gambel oak, serviceberry and chokecherry dominating the hillsides. Over a mile of Wilson Creek runs through the middle of the property, supplying the ranch with plenty of water for irrigation, stock and wildlife. There are two comfortable homes on the property with a total of 8 bedrooms and 5.5 baths. Just 30 minutes from Meeker, Colorado and only 4 hours from Denver, this property would make a wonderful family mountain and hunting retreat.