Developed and maintained for decades as a premier fly-fishing retreat with three miles of the upper Smith River, Canyon Ranch is home to a world class fishery known for producing large brown trout and diverse water features.
- Approximately 3 miles of superb fly-fishing on the restored and enhanced upper Smith River
- 184 acres of irrigated meadows producing alfalfa & grass hay with senior water rights totaling over 23 CFS
- Owner’s Residence was craftsman constructed in 2006 with reclaimed lumber sourced from a disassembled Alaskan pier, consisting of 3,625 sq. ft. with three bedrooms and three bathrooms
- 3 waterfowl ponds
- 1,901 deeded acres at an elevation ranging from 4,700 feet to 5,100 feet
- Caretaker’s home was built in 2007 and consist of three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and 2,092 sq. ft.
- Other various improvements around the headquarters like homestead cabins, barn, shop, and fishing hut
- Conservation Easement with Montana Land Reliance protects 1,589 acres
Canyon Ranch on the Smith River is a rare find and a central Montana recreational ranch that truly checks all the boxes. Developed and maintained for decades as a premier fly-fishing retreat with three miles of the upper Smith River, Canyon Ranch is home to a world class fishery known for producing large brown trout and diverse water features. The property is located 10 miles northwest of White Sulphur Springs and about 90 miles from Bozeman, making it easily accessible and within reach of outstanding cultural amenities. In total, the property encompasses 1,901 contiguous acres and occupies a very private bucolic valley with other large ranches and big tracts of state land surrounding. Canyon Ranch includes historic water rights with approximately 184 acres of lush irrigated meadows stretching around the low-lying riparian corridor. The balance of the acreage features rolling topography with open grass and sagebrush hillsides, dry-land farming, rocky outcroppings, and scenic vistas of the Big Belt, Little Belt, and Castle Mountain Ranges from the ranch’s high ground. Finally the ranch’s improvements have been thoughtfully designed with a separate owner’s residence and manager’s residence, art studio, fishing gear hut, shop, barns, and a number refurbished historic homestead buildings.
Mirr Ranch Group represented the Buyer.