Rio Virgin Ranch
The property is an ecological paradise with rare riparian habitat, irrigated fields and is situated between protected lands offering direct access to thousands of acres of public land.
- A peaceful 79-acre retreat includes over ¾’s of a mile of the cottonwood-lined Virgin river and provides stunning views of southern Utah’s iconic red rock landscape.
- Located in Virgin Utah, the ranch borders thousands of acres of public, but very private land with access to miles of backcountry hiking, biking and horseback riding.
- The ranch is a mile and ½ horseback ride up the river from historic town of Grafton where Paul Newman took Katharine Ross for a morning bike ride in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
- The property includes a tastefully designed 4,700 square foot territorial style home featuring 8-inch thick adobe style walls, heavy cherry wood doors, and hand-hewn mesquite cabinetry.
- Rio Virgin Ranch features a small pond at entry to the home in addition to irrigated and fenced pastures.
- Conveniently situated 40 minutes from the St. George airport and seven minutes to the entrance of the world renown Zion National Park.
- Indoor and outdoor living spaces offer views of the Smithsonian Butte, Gooseberry Mesa, and the Kolob Terrace.
- Spanish/Southwest style barn complex includes a bunkhouse for staff or guests and serves as a wonderful facility for hosting events or family gatherings.
- A separate 1,700 square foot guest house was built in “Santa Fe” style and blends in beautifully with its natural surroundings.
Situated along three-quarters of a mile of the cottonwood lined Virgin River near the gateway to Zion National Park, lies the Rio Virgin Ranch. With limited availability of private properties of this size and scale along the Virgin River, the 79-acre retreat lies within the stunning red rock landscapes of Southern Utah. The main home, guest house, and equestrian barn/bunk house are impeccably designed and offer architectural finishes complimentary to their natural surroundings. The property is an ecological paradise with rare riparian habitat, irrigated fields and is situated between protected lands offering direct access to thousands of acres of public land.