Just west of the historic towns of Aguilar and Gulnare, Colorado, and located along the Apishapa River with the Spanish Peaks towering to the northwest, lies the diverse Brunelli Ranch. This 2,212 +/- acre property contains a unique and rare blend of farm, ranch and recreational opportunities.
- 2,212 acres (135 acres irrigated)
- Two homes, barn, shop and storage shed
- Extensive watering system provides reliable water sources for livestock and wildlife alike
- Two fish ponds
- Farm equipment
- Elk, mule deer, black bear, Merriam’s turkey, mountain lion hunting available
- Easy access to San Isabel National Forest, Spanish Peaks and Sangre de Cristo Range
Just west of the historic towns of Aguilar and Gulnare, Colorado, and located along the Apishapa River with the Spanish Peaks towering to the northwest, lies the diverse Brunelli Ranch. This 2,212 +/- acre property contains a unique and rare blend of farm, ranch and recreational opportunities. With the combination of irrigated hay lands surrounded by gently sloping timbered hillsides, meadows and canyons, wildlife abounds on this property. This is a turnkey operation including farm equipment.
Near the southern base of the Spanish Peaks and close to the headwaters of the Apishapa River, this ranch offers a rare combination of well maintained irrigated lands serviced by historic water rights, and hillsides and canyons that are predominantly covered with a mix of spruce, pine, fir, and Gambel’s Oak. These mountainous areas are easily accessible by a good network of roads and trails.
This Brunelli Ranch is a very functional property with modest but well maintained improvements that include two homes, barn, equipment shed / workshop, equipment, and a significant watering system that provides a reliable water source for both livestock and wildlife.
The ranch is less than 15 minutes west of I-25 via County Road 46. C.R. 46 is paved to within a mile of the ranch. Trinidad, Colorado, with a hospital, restaurants and stores, is less than an hour to the south. While to the north, Denver International Airport is slightly more than 3 hours away, Colorado Springs is 2 hours away, and Pueblo is approximately an hour away.
- Average rainfall – 20″
- Average snowfall – 95″
- Average January low temperature is 18° Fahrenheit
- Average July high temperature is 84° Fahrenheit
There is a healthy big-game population on the ranch which includes, elk, mule deer, black bear, mountain lion and Merriam’s turkeys. This ranch lies in Colorado big game hunting unit 85. This unit is considered a prime trophy hunting unit. Licenses for all species are readily available during archery, muzzleloading and 4 rifle seasons. Specific season and licensing information can be found through the Colorado Parks and Wildlife website and brochures. There is common boundary between the Brunelli Ranch and the renowned Twin Peaks Ranch, which is known for its trophy deer and elk hunting.
In addition to the hunting, there are two ponds on the ranch that have had sustainable populations of warm water species, particularly large mouth bass.
- Ranch working facilities include a 24′ x 48′ 3 sided shed with closed tack/storage room.
- 66′ x 30′ equipment storage building with closed workshop. (three-sided equipment storage area is 43′ x 30′. Closed in workshop area with concrete floor is 23′ x 30′.)
- Tractors, swather and baler along with other miscellaneous equipment. (A complete list of equipment can be provided upon request.)