A productive oasis where sagebrush desert turns to alfalfa fields.
- 1,435 Total Acres (641 Deeded, 794 BLM Lease with a capacity of 75 AUMS)
- An excellent hay and cattle operation, currently wintering 300 head that will remain on the property until the end of calving in April before going to summer grass
- 3.5 tons to the acre from the 2020 growing season
- 235 acres under 3 center pivots, 160 acres of irrigated pasture, and year-round water from an artesian well
- Pipe shipping and working facilities centrally located on the property
- Located 40 miles north of Rock Springs in the center of the Red Desert
- Offers pivot irrigation, good fences, and developed water resources
Located 40 miles north of Rock Springs in the center of the Red Desert is the Eden Farm. Just west of Eden and just a few miles south of Farson, Wyoming in the area known as the Eden Valley, this is a productive oasis where sagebrush desert turns to alfalfa fields. The Eden Farm is a well-kept and improved property benefiting from pivot irrigation, good fences, and developed water resources, which make for an excellent hay and cattle operation.
Eden Farm is situated southeast of Farson, Wyoming in the center of Eden Valley and within the confines of the Red Desert. The area has a strong irrigation component developed over the years, bringing a number of pivot farms to the area. This central location in the state is also known for its thriving agriculture.
Eden Farm consists of three pivot sprinklers irrigating nearly 235 acres, with another 160 acres of irrigated pasture and sub irrigated land, and a set of corrals and shipping pens located within the center of the property. Year-round water is supplied via an artesian well, providing a valuable opportunity for utilization of crop residues on the farm during the winter, and also multiple cash flow opportunities on the property.
The area and Eden Farm are also home to excellent big game and waterfowl hunting. Numerous different wildlife species benefit from the farming operation and numerous alfalfa and barley fields. Other hunting opportunities exist all around the area on the tens of thousands of acres of BLM and Forest Service lands within a close proximity to the farm.
Eden Farm is a great agricultural and irrigated farm operation with great end-of-the-road access just minutes from the pavement. This property has lent itself for many years to a well-rounded hay and agriculture operation. In an area were hay production within the confines of the Red Desert is fairly limited, the irrigation component and the year-round water make for an excellent opportunity to supplement an agricultural operation or stand alone as a livestock and hay operation.