Offering critical habitat and world-class fly fishing for the Colorado River cutthroat.
- 11 Miles of North Cottonwood Creek
- 4 Miles of the Creek has been completely restored
- 2 large fish ponds and 2 large waterfowl ponds all with tremendous fishing for Colorado River cutthroat, Rainbow, and Brook trout
- Wildlife on the ranch includes moose, elk, deer, pronghorn, sage grouse, and seasonal waterfowl
- The ranch is located in the midst of large migration corridors for mule deer and pronghorns and also includes important winter range for moose and elk
- Improvements include a modest but well-maintained 12 bedroom lodge, 3 bedroom guest house, manager’s house, and barn/shop
- The ranch is comprised of 20 parcels of which 15 are protected by conservation easements
- The remaining unencumbered parcels offer tremendous building sites for a new owner’s home
- The ranch is surrounded by larger tracts of conserved lands assuring the valley, fishery, and wildlife in the area will be protected in perpetuity
- The owner has built several miles of wildlife-friendly fencing allowing for an efficient grazing rotation
- Grazing is currently leased to a neighboring ranch generating consistent income for the ranch
Ryegrass Ranch lies at the foot of the Wyoming Range in the Upper Green River Basin of northwestern Wyoming just 90 minutes from Jackson, WY. Over 11 miles of the North Fork of Cottonwood Creek meander through the wide willow-filled valley floor of the ranch offering critical habitat and world-class fly fishing for the Colorado River cutthroat. Wildlife abounds on the ranch with many big and small game species, as well as seasonal waterfowl. Over 13 C.F.S of water irrigates approximately 1,000 acres of native grass hay.
Co-listed with Jackson Hole Real Estate Associates.
Situated in the Upper Green River Valley of northwestern Wyoming, the North Fork of Cottonwood Creek meanders through a wide willow filled valley that’s mostly surrounded by rolling sagebrush hillsides. Scenic vistas of the Wyoming Range can be seen from most locations of the ranch.
Improvements include a modest, yet well-maintained 12 bedroom lodge, 3 bedroom guest house, manager’s house, and barn/shop.
With 11 miles of the North Fork of Cottonwood Creek winding through the valley floor in the shadows of the Wyoming range coupled with 2 fish ponds, quality fishing opportunities abound. The North Fork of the Cottonwood is a freestone waterway with a gradient flow varying from meandering pools and deep runs to riffles. The willow-lined banks and protective undercut banks provide excellent habitat for the Colorado River Cutthroat trout. Current ownership has completely restored over 4 miles of the creek utilizing one of the premier hydrologists in the western U.S. The new owner of the ranch will have the opportunity to complete this restoration project and create a great deal of value in the process.
While fishing is the main attraction on the ranch, there are several species of big and small game on the property including Shiras moose, elk, mule deer, and pronghorn. The Ryegrass Ranch is also located amidst a major migration corridor for several thousand elk, mule deer, and pronghorns as they move between summer and winter range. Also, the sage-covered hillsides and sub-irrigated native grass meadows support excellent numbers of sage grouse.
Currently, the grazing rights have been leased to a neighboring rancher which provides the ranch a reliable income with minimal efforts. Several miles of wildlife-friendly fences have recently been built to allow protection of the riparian corridor along the creek and wetlands and provide easy rotation of cattle. Over 13 C.F.S. of water rights provide ample water to irrigate several hundred acres of grass meadows providing hay or additional forage for livestock and wildlife.