The Huntsman Reserve represents a very rare opportunity to acquire one of the finest private building sites in the Rocky Mountain West. Majestic views, privacy, solitude, creek frontage, and adjacency to thousands of acres of National Forest make the Huntsman Reserve a very compelling opportunity that doesn’t come along very often!
With adjacency to Gunnison National Forest, the property offers ¾ mile of both sides of Henderson Creek.
- One of the most pristine alpine building sites in the entire Rocky Mountain West offering unparalleled privacy, views, and solitude
- ¾ mile of creek frontage taking in both sides of Henderson Creek with its calming sound audible from multiple locations throughout the property
- Diverse landscapes including ridges and grassy meadows interspersed throughout old-growth spruce, aspen groves, and towering dark timber
- Incredible views of the Flattops, Grand Mesa, West Elk Wilderness, Ragged Wilderness, Marcellina Peak, Huntsman Ridge, Chair Mountain, West Beckwith Peak, and Mount Lamborn
- One mile of National Forest adjacency on two sides and large ranch adjacency on the remaining two sides
- Direct private access to many thousands of acres of recreational opportunities in the Gunnison National Forest which is restricted to non-motorized use in this area
- Herds of elk, mule deer, turkeys, and numerous other bird species frequent the property
- The property is located approximately 1.3 miles from County Road 265 which is maintained year-round
- Approximately 1:40 from great commercial air service in either Montrose or Eagle, and the Aspen Airport and world-class skiing is approximately 1:20 away
- Approximately 50 minutes from great amenities in Carbondale and 45 minutes away from the eclectic community of Paonia, with its ever-growing art and winery scene
Few places on Earth can match the alpine views from the breathtaking building envelope of the Huntsman Reserve! Unobstructed, protected, views of Chair Mountain and the secluded Ragged Mountain Wilderness are unparalleled in all of Colorado.
Located adjacent to the ‘Roadless Area” Gunnison National Forest, the undeveloped foreground views will be virtually protected forever. This exclusive home site on the edge of an Alpine Mesa, behind a locked gate, has been precisely selected to maximize security and privacy, in a wilderness forest setting, for the discriminating homeowner and family.
A recent US President, who stayed at the historic Huntsman Reserve, remarked, “I have traveled the world, but never sat in a more beautiful spot on the Earth!” He then stood up, looked over the vast wilderness views, and said, “What a great Nation!”
The Huntsman Reserve is a 113 acre exclusive home site on the edge of an alpine mesa behind a locked gate with incredible unobstructed mountain views in a very private setting. Diverse landscapes include ridges and grassy meadows interspersed throughout old-growth spruce, aspen groves, and towering dark timber. Henderson Creek flows through the property for approximately ¾ of a mile and the Gunnison National Forest borders two sides of the property for one mile. Majestic mountain views include the Flattops, Grand Mesa, West Elk Wilderness, Ragged Wilderness, Marcellina Peak, Huntsman Ridge, Chair Mountain, West Beckwith Peak, and Mount Lamborn.
The Huntsman Reserve is well located in the Rocky Mountains of Western Colorado at approximately 8,000 feet in elevation. It is approximately 50 minutes from great amenities in Carbondale and approximately 45 minutes from the eclectic community of Paonia, with its ever-growing art and winery scene. World-class skiing and amenities in Aspen are approximately 1:20 minutes away. Great commercial air service is available approximately 1:40 minutes away in either Eagle or Montrose. Nice proximity to Aspen, Carbondale, Redstone, Marble, and Paonia!
From Carbondale: Go approximately 30 miles on Highway 133 to County Road 265 and turn right. Go approximately 4.5 miles northwest on County Road 265 to the private driveway on the right-hand side of the road next to Henderson Creek.
From Paonia: Go approximately 26 miles on Highway 133 to County Road 265 and turn left. Go approximately 4.5 miles northwest on County Road 265 to the private driveway on the right-hand side of the road next to Henderson Creek.
The Huntsman Reserve offers unlimited recreational opportunities that include hiking, horseback riding, ATV riding, mountain biking, cross country skiing, hunting, fishing, wildlife viewing, and bird watching. The property borders the Gunnison National Forest for one mile providing for thousands of additional acres of recreation in a pristine non-motorized setting. Elk, mule deer, moose, black bear, turkeys, and numerous bird species occupy this area and offer great hunting and viewing opportunities.