With adjacency to Gunnison National Forest, the property offers ¾ mile of both sides of Henderson Creek.
- One of the most pristine alpine building sites in the entire Rocky Mountain West offering unparalleled privacy, views, and solitude
- ¾ mile of creek frontage taking in both sides of Henderson Creek with its calming sound audible from multiple locations throughout the property
- Diverse landscapes including ridges and grassy meadows interspersed throughout old-growth spruce, aspen groves, and towering dark timber
- Incredible views of the Flattops, Grand Mesa, West Elk Wilderness, Ragged Wilderness, Marcellina Peak, Huntsman Ridge, Chair Mountain, West Beckwith Peak, and Mount Lamborn
- One mile of National Forest adjacency on two sides and large ranch adjacency on the remaining two sides
- Direct private access to many thousands of acres of recreational opportunities in the Gunnison National Forest which is restricted to non-motorized use in this area
- Herds of elk, mule deer, turkeys, and numerous other bird species frequent the property
- The property is located approximately 1.3 miles from County Road 265 which is maintained year-round
- Approximately 1:40 from great commercial air service in either Montrose or Eagle, and the Aspen Airport and world-class skiing is approximately 1:20 away
- Approximately 50 minutes from great amenities in Carbondale and 45 minutes away from the eclectic community of Paonia, with its ever-growing art and winery scene
Few places on Earth can match the alpine views from the breathtaking building envelope of the Huntsman Reserve! Unobstructed, protected, views of Chair Mountain and the secluded Ragged Mountain Wilderness are unparalleled in all of Colorado.
Located adjacent to the ‘Roadless Area” Gunnison National Forest, the undeveloped foreground views will be virtually protected forever. This exclusive home site on the edge of an Alpine Mesa, behind a locked gate, has been precisely selected to maximize security and privacy, in a wilderness forest setting, for the discriminating homeowner and family.
A recent US President, who stayed at the historic Huntsman Reserve, remarked, “I have traveled the world, but never sat in a more beautiful spot on the Earth!” He then stood up, looked over the vast wilderness views, and said, “What a great Nation!”