Situated at the headwaters of Silver Creek, one of America’s most important and historical fisheries, Silver Spring Ranch is a ranch treasured for its abundant ecological and water resources with 10 miles of meandering spring-fed streams and aquatic habitat. The 3,422 +/- acre ranch is located just 25 miles south of Ketchum and the world class resort of Sun Valley, and 13 miles from a commercial airport. Silver Spring Ranch is more than a recreational retreat, operating farm, and ranch to enjoy, it also provides ownership to some of the most significant and valuable water rights in the West. 60%-75% of the stream flows that feed Silver Creek actually originate on the ranch with the water rights irrigating approximately 2,014 acres of highly productive cropland. This is a rare opportunity to own, manage, protect, and preserve an incredible watershed with its numerous springs, streams, senior surface and groundwater resources.
For more information, see the Silver Spring Ranch website.
Silver Spring Ranch is located in the heart of the Bellevue Triangle in Blaine County, Idaho. This 3,422 ± deeded acre ranch combines 2,014 ± acres of highly productive pivot irrigated cropland with lush stream bottom habitat and approximately 200-400 additional acres of dry farm land and grazing area. It includes multiple spring heads and six tributary creeks, forming the headwaters of Silver Creek. In addition, two large recharge ponds and multiple wildlife ponds provide groundwater recharge, conservation, and mitigation opportunities. Hay, pasture, and grain crops, a 400-head cow herd, and seasonal grazing give the ranch excellent diversity. The ranch includes exceptional facilities, houses, outbuildings, corrals, a riding arena and an historic ranch home and barn. Recreational features include excellent elk, deer, and antelope, plus superior waterfowl hunting in season, as well as world class fishing, and stream habitat.
- 20 ± miles of headwater streams to Silver Creek
- Several hundred streamside and riparian acres
- 2,014 ± pivot irrigated acres
- 20 Pivots and additional wheel and handline irrigation
- Senior surface water rights, and abundant groundwater rights
- State-of-the-art water monitoring system
- Conservation and mitigation opportunities
- Grazing and farming on 20 pivots
- Excellent livestock handling facilities
- High quality elk and antelope hunting
- Located in the heart of the waterfowl area
- A well-balanced ranch with solid production and excellent recreational amenities
- World class trout fishery
- 6 headwater streams of Silver Creek
Silver Spring Ranch surface and ground water rights to sell with all lands.
- Irrigation surface water rights of 20.67 cfs with priority years 1883 – 1890
- Wildlife / Recharge surface water rights of 0.48 cfs with priority years 1883 – 1890
- Wildlife / Recharge waste water rights of 50 cfs (10,790 acre feet)
- Irrigation ground water rights of 9,228.60 acre feet with priority years 1946 – 1983
- Wildlife / Recharge groundwater water rights of 95.8 acre feet with priority years 1947 – 2002
- Domestic and Stockwater ground water rights